WebinarNinja is a web-based application that works with any microphone and camera your web browser recognizes.
If you want to use a 3rd party video and audio mixer, it can work as long as it's recognized as a microphone and/or a camera by your browser.
When you enter the webinar Studio for the first time, you'll be prompted to allow your browser to use your microphone and camera. Click allow for both devices.
This is also where you can find and select your preferred devices, when you have multiple microphones and cameras connected to your computer.
Note: If there is no prompt asking to allow microphone and camera use, or if you're having any issue getting your devices recognized, see the bottom of this help article for some troubleshooting tips.
To ensure that preferred devices are used for every webinar, this window will pop up each time you enter the studio.
Anytime you're in the studio, you can open this window by clicking the Settings icon at the bottom left of your screen.
Next, you can check your microphone, speakers, and camera.
- Check microphone audio levels with the blue volume meter. You'll want to make sure your volume level peaks at around 40-60%.
Choose your preferred microphone device from the drop-down.
The toggle to the right mutes/unmutes your microphone.
- An audio sample will play when you click the Test button, to ensure performance.
- Check your camera with the preview window. Choose your preferred camera from the drop-down, if you have multiple devices.
The toggle to the right disables the camera feed.
- If you're having trouble starting a broadcast, click Reset Webinar.
- Click Save Settings to confirm any changes.
If for any reason your mic and camera are not being detected, follow these steps:
Step 1: Be sure your mic and camera are properly set up on your computer.
- Refer to your computer settings to test your microphone.
- Take a photo or video using your computer’s native camera app or program.
- Test them using an online testing tool such as https://www.onlinemictest.com/.
Step 2: Close all apps or programs that might also be using your mic and/or camera, then reset the webinar.
- Click Settings on the left menu in the studio.
- On the pop-up window appears, click Reset Webinar.
- The page will briefly reload, then the same settings window will appear. Click Enter Studio, and you'll be reconnected to the webinar.
Step 3: If those steps fail to resolve the problem, be sure your browser is allowed to use your mic and camera.
- Check permissions in Firefox:
1. While in the webinar studio, click the (i) icon on the left side of the browser address bar. It should show whether the browser has access to your devices.
2. Change the drop-down to "Allow" or "Always allow" to give permission.
3. Reload the webinar studio.
- Check permissions in Chrome:
1. While in the webinar studio, click the camera icon on the right side of the browser address bar. It should show whether the browser has access to your devices.
2. Click the option “Always allow…”
3. Reload the webinar studio.
Note: On Chrome, you may need to completely remove permissions for WebinarNinja. This way, Chrome will once again ask for permission to use your devices the next time you enter the webinar studio. Here's how:
- Go to Chrome settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under Privacy and security, click Content settings.
- Click Camera or Microphone.
- Find WebinarNinja from the list of allowed sites and click the trash bin icon.
Step 4: Close all pages of your browser, then restart it.
Step 5: If that fails, try entering the webinar studio using another browser (try Incognito mode in Chrome, or Firefox Private Mode).
Step 6: Restart your computer, then go back to the webinar studio to try again.
For further assistance, contact us through live chat at the bottom right of this page or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.