In compliance with the GDPR, businesses and organizations are required to be transparent on how they may use their customers' email addresses and other info. This can be achieved by asking customers to provide their consent.
With WebinarNinja, you have the option to enable Subscriber Consent. When this is enabled, your registrants will have to consent upon registering for your webinar.
Here's how it looks like for your registrants:
Your registrants will see this page after entering their name and email address to register for your webinar. To be in compliance with the GDPR, they must agree with:
- I consent to receive emails about this webinar as well as promotional emails about your products and services
This permission will keep you in compliance with the GDPR.
The emails being referred to are:
- auto-generated emails from WebinarNinja to provide them with the webinar details such as the webinar date and their unique webinar link
- promotional emails about your products and/or services should you ever decide to send them in the future
To enable Subscriber Consent:
Click Account Settings from the sidebar.
Scroll down to where it says Subscriber Consent Options (GDPR compliance). Click Show to everyone after they opt-in then click Save Changes.
Note: This page cannot be edited or translated at the moment.
With Subscriber Consent enabled, it is no longer necessary to enable double opt-in for your mailing list to be in accordance with the GDPR.
Some informative articles on double opt-in for your reference:
- European Commission: Data protection in the EU
- HIPAA Journal: What countries are affected by the GDPR
For further assistance, contact us through live chat at the bottom right of this page or send us an email at email@example.com.