The integration works to automatically add webinar registrants to your mailing list in ActiveCampaign. Do this if you want to continue communicating with registrants via ActiveCampaign after your webinar or simply collect email addresses for future use.
To set up the integration for the first time:
Step 1: Log into your ActiveCampaign account to get an API Access URL and API Key. Here's an ActiveCampaign guide for your reference.
- Click Settings on the left, then click Developer.
- Take note of both your API Access URL and Key.
Step 2: Log into your WebinarNinja account and click Integrations from the left menu.
- Go to 3rd Party Apps.
Step 3: Click Connect under ActiveCampaign.
- Enter your API Access URL and Key then click Connect.
- You will get a message that the connection was successful. ActiveCampaign will now appear Connected.
Step 4: Select an existing tag that you want to use then click Update. This is applied to all registrants- attendees and non-attendees.
- Once done, the integration will appear Active.
You're all set! Your webinar registrants will now be synced with ActiveCampaign. All of your upcoming registrants will now be added to your ActiveCampaign Contacts with the tag you specified.
To change the default setting:
Go back to Integrations > 3rd-Party Apps, then click the gear icon under ActiveCampaign. You can also disconnect the integration from here by clicking the power icon.
To add registrants from a particular webinar with a different tag:
Step 1: Click My Webinars from the left menu.
- Find the webinar for which you want to change settings, click Options to the right of it, then click Email Integrations.
- Here you will see all CRMs currently connected to your account. Choose ActiveCampaign or any one of the CRMs and click the gear icon to the right of it.
Step 2: On this page, you may see "Active (account settings)" which means that this webinar currently follows your account default settings.
- You can now choose another tag for this particular webinar then click Create for Webinar.
- Lists are currently not supported. As a workaround, you can create an automation in ActiveCampaign that adds registrants to a list after they are tagged from WebinarNinja. You can also do a bulk action on the Contacts tab in ActiveCampaign to add all tagged registrants to a list.
- Only those who signed up after the integration is activated will get added- not existing registrants. To add existing registrants, export the list as .csv then manually import the file to ActiveCampaign.