The integration works to automatically add webinar registrants to your mailing list in MailChimp. Do this if you want to continue communicating with registrants via MailChimp after your webinar or simply collect their email address for future use.
To set up the integration for the first time:
Setting up the integration for the first time also becomes the default for all of your existing and upcoming webinars.
Step 1: Log into your MailChimp account to create or copy an API Key. Here's a MailChimp tutorial for your reference.
- Go to this link to navigate to the API Keys section of your Mailchimp account.
- Copy an existing API key or click the Create A Key button.
- Name your key descriptively, so you know what application uses that key.
Step 2: Log into your WebinarNinja account and click Integrations from the left menu.
- Go to 3rd Party Apps.
Step 3: Click Connect under MailChimp.
- Enter your MailChimp API Key then click Connect.
- You will get a message that the connection was successful. MailChimp will now appear Connected.
Step 4: Select an existing list from drop-down that you want to use then click Update. These settings will apply to all registrants- attendees or non-attendees.
- Once done, the integration will appear Active.
You're all set! Your webinar registrants will now be synced with MailChimp.
To change the default setting:
Go back to Integrations > 3rd-Party Apps, then click the gear icon under MailChimp. You can also disconnect the integration from here by clicking the power icon.
To set a specific setting for a particular webinar:
Step 1: Click My Webinars from the left menu.
- Find the webinar for which you want to change settings, click Options to the right of it, then click Email Integrations.
- Here you will see all CRMs currently connected to your account. Choose MailChimp or any one of the CRMs and click the gear icon to the right of it.
Step 2: On this page, you may see "Active (account settings)" which means that this webinar currently follows your account default settings.
- You can now choose another list for this particular webinar then click Create for Webinar.
Note: Only those who signed up after the integration is activated will get added- not existing registrants. To add existing registrants, export the list as .csv then manually import the file to MailChimp.