Before you run your first webinar on WebinarNinja, try a practice one first. This way, you can see how all the features and functions work before the day of your webinar.
Set up a test webinar right now. It only takes a few minutes!
Logging into WebinarNinja
Go to the login page (we suggest using the Chrome browser) at https://my.webinarninja.com/login and you'll see this page:
Enter the email address associated with your WebinarNinja account, as well as the password you created when you signed up, then click Log In.
Click Forgot Password? underneath the password field to reset your password.
Creating your webinar
Step 1: From your account dashboard, click Create Webinar at the top right corner of your screen. You can also click the blue +Create New Webinar around the middle of the page.
Step 2: On the Create New Webinar page, select the type of webinar you prefer. In this case, click live.
Step 3: Scroll down to fill in the details of your webinar.
- Start by giving it a snappy title. If it's a test webinar, name it "My test webinar".
- The Hosted By section will be pre-populated with your account name. If you're hosting the webinar with a guest speaker or presenter, simply add them as a co-host.
- Set the date, start time, and duration of your webinar. The time zone will depend on your account settings.
- The webinar will be Free by default. If you'd like to charge for it, select Paid, and set your price. You will need to integrate with Stripe beforehand.
Step 4: Click Create Webinar. That's it!
Publishing your webinar
You need to publish your webinar before you can run it.
- If this is a test, or you don't want the public to find your webinar, publish your webinar as private.
- If this is the real webinar and you want the world to come, publish as public.
Step 1: On My Webinars, find the webinar you wish to publish and click Publish right underneath the webinar title.
Step 2: Here you can choose to make your webinar public or private. Select one, and then choose the category that best suits your webinar.
Step 3: Click Publish and it's ready to go!
Sharing your webinar
If this is your real webinar, you will want to share it! For your webinar pages' links, see Quick Links. Your webinar should be published before inviting registrants.
Step 1: On My Webinars, click Quick Links right underneath the webinar title.
Step 2: A small popup will appear with the links to your webinar pages. Click the clipboard icon next to Webinar Link to copy it. You can send the link via email or post it on your social media page or website.
- The webinar link is dynamic. It goes to the registration page for someone who is not recognized as a registrant while it goes to the thank you page for someone who is. The same link goes to the webinar page when it's time for the webinar. Learn how to invite people to register for your webinar.
Ready to go live?
Tip: Only start the broadcast once you are ready to go live. When the broadcast starts and ends, there is no way to restart the broadcast for that webinar. You have to create a new webinar.
Are you going to share your screen for the webinar? You'll need to use Chrome or Firefox.
- For Chrome (our browser of choice), be sure to add our Chrome extension first.
- For Firefox - no extension required.
Once your webinar is set up, getting it started is a snap. For best results, prepare to start your webinar about 30 minutes before the scheduled time.
Starting your webinar
Step 1: On My Webinars, click Enter Studio to the right of the webinar.
Step 2: If this is your first time entering the studio, your internet browser may ask you for permission to access your mic and camera. Once that's granted, you'll see your live camera feed on the popup window as shown below. This is also where you can choose which devices to use and check if they are working. Click here to learn more.
- The buttons for your camera and mic will appear when you hover your cursor at the bottom of your webinar screen. Click the buttons to toggle when you need to temporarily turn off your camera and/or mic on the webinar. These buttons are only visible when your camera feed is up on the webinar screen.
- Are you going to share your screen for the webinar? You'll need to use Chrome or Firefox. You can upload your slide presentation to show, right inside the studio ahead of time before you go live. And if you like, you can add a YouTube video as well!
Step 3: Once you're ready, click Start Broadcast.
- During your webinar, you change the way your attendees view your webinar. This is especially useful when sharing your screen, presenting slides, or playing a video. You can also display your camera feed side-by-side with a co-host's.
- When you open a shared screen, slide presentation, or a video, they are initially displayed in the bottom left corner of your screen. To maximize, simply double-click on it. Your camera feed will minimize and move to the corner.
- Advance through the slides with the controls bar at the bottom of the screen.
- You can also bring your slide presentation to fullscreen and hide your camera feed. Click the blue resize icon floating over the thumbnail of your presentation instead of double-clicking it.
Note: To show your camera feed again, simply click the same resize icon which should now be in the top right corner of the webinar screen.
Step 4: Once you're done, simply click Stop Broadcast.
A window will popup asking for a confirmation. Click Yes to confirm.
You will now see a confirmation page that your webinar has ended:
For further assistance, contact us through live chat at the bottom right of this page or send us an email at email@example.com.