WebinarNinja is browser-based which means you can use any microphone and camera that can be recognized by your browser. If you are looking to use a 3rd-party audio and video mixer, it may work as long as your browser can recognize it as a microphone and/or a camera. You can check this by looking at your browser settings and seeing it as an option from there.
When you enter the webinar studio for the first time, you will be prompted to allow your browser to use your microphone and camera. Be sure to allow it. This is also where you can select your preferred devices when you have multiple microphones and cameras connected to your computer.
Note: If there isn't a prompt asking you to allow using your microphone and camera, or if you are having any issue getting your devices recognized, see the bottom part of this help article for some troubleshooting tips.
To ensure that your preferred devices are used for every webinar, this window will pop up each time you enter the studio.
You can bring this window up anytime you're in the studio by clicking the Settings icon on the left menu.
Here you can check your microphone, speakers, and camera.
- Check your microphone with the volume meter. You'll want to make sure your volume level peaks at around 40-60%. Choose your preferred microphone from the drop-down if you have multiple devices. The toggle to the right mutes your microphone.
- Click the Test button to check your speakers or earphones. An audio sample will play so you can be sure they are working.
- Check your camera with the preview window. Choose your preferred camera from the drop-down if you have multiple devices. The toggle to the right disables the camera feed.
- If you're having trouble starting a broadcast, click Reset Webinar.
- Click Apply to confirm any changes.
For any reason your mic and camera aren't being detected, follow these tips below:
Step 1: Be sure your mic and camera are properly set up on your computer.
- Refer to your computer settings to test your microphone.
- Take a photo or video using your computer’s native camera app or program.
- Test them using an online testing tool such as https://www.onlinemictest.com/.
Step 2: Close all apps or programs that might also be using your mic and/or camera then reset the webinar.
- Click Settings on the left menu in the studio.
- On the pop-up window, click Reset Webinar.
- The page will briefly reload then the same settings window will appear. Click Enter The Studio and you will be reconnected back to the webinar.
Step 3: If that fails, be sure your browser is allowed to use your mic and camera.
- Check permissions in Firefox:
1. While in the webinar studio, click the (i) icon on the left side of the browser address bar. It should show whether the browser has access to your devices.
2. Change the drop-down to "Allow" or "Always allow" to give permission.
3. Reload the webinar studio.
- Check permissions in Chrome:
1. While in the webinar studio, click the camera icon on the right side of the browser address bar. It should show whether the browser has access to your devices.
2. Click the option “Always allow…”
3. Reload the webinar studio.
Note: On Chrome, you may need to completely remove permissions for WebinarNinja. This way, Chrome will once again ask for permission to use your devices the next time you enter the webinar studio.
- Go to Chrome settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under Privacy and security, click Content settings.
- Click Camera or Microphone.
- Find WebinarNinja from the list of allowed sites and click the trash bin icon.
Step 4: Close all instances of the browser and restart it.
Step 5: If that fails, try entering the webinar studio using another browser (try Incognito Chrome or Firefox Private Mode.
Step 6: Restart your computer then go back to the webinar studio to try again.
For further assistance, contact us through live chat at the bottom right of this page or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.