As a tip, create a separate test webinar to practice on before getting started.
If applicable, have your co-host upload their slide presentation to a test webinar. The uploaded files will be accessible across multiple webinars, but only to the user who uploaded them. Your co-host will not be able to access your slides, and vice versa.
Check out our blog called, CoHost Webinars: How to Crush It, Together: Your guide to putting on the smoothest, most effective co-hosted webinar, for some more tips!
After adding a co-host to an upcoming webinar, they will need to sign up or sign in to accept the invitation. Only then will they be able to join your webinar as a host. Send this guide to your co-host for reference.
Logging into the webinar
Co-hosts can join you in the webinar as early as 30 minutes before the start time. With your mics and cameras set up, you should both see and hear each other immediately upon entering the studio. Here’s a guide to setting up your camera and mic.
Setting up your screen layout
You can set up the webinar screen by clicking the Layout icon on the sidebar. Choose your preferred layout.
To maximize a screen and hide the rest (perhaps when it is your co-host's turn to speak or when a slide presentation is being shown), hover over the screen and click the round blue icon that appears.
To return to the previous layout, or bring back any other screens, click the blue icon in the top right of the screen.
Primary host controls
As the primary host, only you can control and moderate the webinar itself.
- Start and stop the broadcast
- Control the layout of the webinar screen
- Answer and moderate questions
- Create Polls and Offers
- Block attendees
- Use the chat area - Co-hosts can communicate with your attendees verbally on camera, and via text in the chat area.
- Screen Share - Co-hosts can initiate screen sharing, displayed as a thumbnail in the bottom left corner of the webinar screen. You can double-click on the screen or click the arrows to maximize it.
- Upload Slides - Co-hosts can upload and open slides. The slides will be displayed as a thumbnail in the bottom left corner of the webinar screen. Double-click on the slides or click the arrows to maximize it.
- Upload Video - Co-hosts can upload and play YouTube videos.
- Disable/Enable their own mic and/or camera - The toggles for mic and camera appear at the bottom of the co-host's camera feed when they hover their cursor over it. They can click these icons to disable or enable their devices.
For further assistance, contact us through live chat at the bottom right of this page or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.