The integration works to automatically add webinar registrants to your mailing list in ActiveCampaign. Do this if you want to continue communicating with registrants via ActiveCampaign after your webinar or simply collect email addresses for future use.
To set up the integration for the first time:
Setting up the integration for the first time also becomes the default for all of your existing and upcoming webinars.
Step 1: Log into your ActiveCampaign account to get an API Access URL and API Key. Here's an ActiveCampaign guide for your reference.
- Click Settings on the left, then click Developer.
- Take note of both your API Access URL and Key.
Step 2: Log into your WebinarNinja account and click Integrations from the left menu.
- Go to 3rd Party Apps.
Step 3: Click Connect under ActiveCampaign.
- Enter your API Access URL and Key then click Connect.
- You will get a message that the connection was successful. ActiveCampaign will now appear Connected.
Step 4: Select an existing tag that you want to use then click Update. These settings will apply to all registrants- attendees or non-attendees.
- Once done, the integration will appear Active.
You're all set! Your webinar registrants will now be synced with ActiveCampaign. The integration that you set up becomes the default for all of your webinars.
To change the default setting:
Go back to Integrations > 3rd-Party Apps, then click the gear icon under ActiveCampaign. You can also disconnect the integration from here by clicking the power icon.
To set a specific setting for a particular webinar:
Step 1: Click My Webinars from the left menu.
- Find the webinar for which you want to change settings, click Options to the right of it, then click Email Integrations.
- Here you will see all CRMs currently connected to your account. Choose ActiveCampaign or any one of the CRMs and click the gear icon to the right of it.
Step 2: On this page, you may see "Active (account settings)" which means that this webinar currently follows your account default settings.
- You can now choose another form or tag for this particular webinar then click Create for Webinar.
- With ActiveCampaign, registrants are added to your Contacts list with the tag that you specified. Currently, there is no automatic setting to add them to specific lists.
- Only those who signed up after the integration is activated will get added- not existing registrants. To add existing registrants, export the list as .csv then manually import the file to ActiveCampaign.