In compliance with the GDPR, businesses and organizations are required to be transparent on how they may use their customers' email addresses and info. This can be achieved by asking customers for a confirmation of their consent.
With WebinarNinja, users have the option to enable 'Subscriber Consent'. When this is enabled, customers will have to confirm consent to register for your webinar.
Here's how it goes for your registrants:
Step 1: The person registers for your webinar through your registration page. After entering their information and clicking Register, they will be taken to a page where permissions are detailed.
To be in compliance with GDPR, there are two permissions that need to be granted:
- I consent to receive emails about this webinar as well as promotional emails about your products and services.
- I consent to allow my data to be used to personalize ads.
Registrants must consent to both permissions. You may not be running any ads right now, but if you ever run a Facebook ad for example in the future, and you use your email list for targeting, this permission would keep you in compliance.
Step 2: Registrants are to click both boxes before clicking Submit. Otherwise, registration will not be complete.
To enable 'Subscriber Consent':
Step 1: Click Account Settings from the left menu.
Step 2: Scroll down to where it says 'Subscriber Consent Options (GDPR compliance)'. Click 'Show to everyone after they opt-in' then click Save Changes.
Note: With 'Subscriber Consent' enabled, it is no longer necessary to enable double opt-in for your mailing list to be in accordance with GDPR.
Here are some informative articles on double opt-in for your reference:
- MailChimp https://mailchimp.com/help/about-double-opt-in/
- AWeber https://help.aweber.com/hc/en-us/articles/204028546-How-do-I-enable-confirmed-opt-in-
- Infusionsoft https://help.infusionsoft.com/help/custom-double-opt-in-link
- Active Campaign https://help.activecampaign.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000839230-How-do-I-enable-double-opt-in-confirmation-
- ConvertKit https://help.convertkit.com/article/396-single-vs-double-opt-in
- HubSpot https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/set-up-double-opt-in-for-emails
- Official EU website https://ec.europa.eu/commission/priorities/justice-and-fundamental-rights/data-protection/2018-reform-eu-data-protection-rules_en
- HIPAA Journal: What countries are affected by the GDPR https://www.hipaajournal.com/what-countries-are-affected-by-the-gdpr/
For further assistance, contact us through live chat at the bottom right of this page or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.